Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Boy is it COLD!

I think I am going a bit stir crazy. The weather has kept us in the house most of this week. Gavin's school has been canceled every day which leaves him with tons of energy! We did get out on Monday to take Asher to his Audiology appointment. It is such a tough appointment for both me and him. He has to be sleeping, which is not something he does much of during the day and definitely not on demand! Thankfully after awhile he did fall asleep, but then it is a nearly 2 hour test with me holding him on my lap... it is just not an enjoyable experience. But I'm am very grateful to have the test over with and the results were much better than expected. His left ear, which is the larger of the two, has normal hearing! His right ear is nearly normal and they are hopeful as it grows like the left did his hearing will be completely normal!

In other news, we finally got our Christmas tree! It is all decorated and ready for Santa! Christmas really feels like it snuck up on me this year. Mike and I finished our shopping tonight, so regardless of the weather we should be all set.

Tomorrow is supposed to be Gavin's Christmas performance at school so I am hoping the weather can hold!

The family hanging out on the floor.



Asher is now reaching and grabbing toys. He put this bracelet on himself!

Mike and Asher after the lights were put on the tree (Gavin put the ornaments on today)


2 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

I was just showing the girls these pictures and Kennedy says, "Aweee......wook, it's baby Jesus!" soooo funny!

Running the race said...

Jenny..I love the pictures. It is such a praise for Asher's ears! My goodness he does look like a little Cabbage Patch Kid! Wish we were closer!